KITSUI respects and respects the privacy of your Personal Data and strives to protect your Personal Data in accordance with APDP.
- Types of Personal Data Collected
- Personal Data collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following: name, date of birth, identity support documents (including identity card or passport number), gender, nationality and nationality, language selected, item – contact details, medical information, academic records, family members and related persons and personal information (including financial position and income evidence), pictures and / or other information relevant to you.
- Additionally, when you visit the KITSUI website, information such as date and time of access, IP address, internet host and browsing history may be collected automatically through the KITSUI website and your computer will automatically be issued with cookies. Cookies are text files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive to allow our web servers to recognize your computer. At any time you can adjust the settings on your computer to remind you about using Cookies or to accept or reject Cookies.
- If you have provided us with Personal Data about another person (for example, your spouse, family member, related party or emergency contact person or where you are identified as a responsible officer (within your organization or company or institution) you represent and guarantee that you have their express permission to share their Personal Data with us or have the right to provide their Personal Data to us.
- When and how we collect your Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data directly from you when you:
- communicate with us (for example when you submit an application form or when you make inquiries with us;
- register your interests and / or request information (via email or other channels provided);
- visit our office; or
- visit / or browse our site.
In addition to the Personal Data obtained directly from you (as detailed above), we may also obtain your Personal Data from third parties such as legal representatives, financial institutions, credit bureaus or credit reference agencies, social networks, preventive agencies fraud or other organization (Third Party), and from other sources for which you have given your consent to disclose your Personal Data, and / or where it is legally authorized.
- Use of Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data from you or from Third Parties for any of the following purposes (Purpose): –
- to confirm your identity;
- to administer and evaluate your application for our scholarships or study loans;
- to evaluate and better understand the needs of Third Parties;
- for administration, evaluation, record management, reporting, auditing and for security purposes and fraud prevention;
- for research purposes including record keeping and statistics;
- to comply with any applicable law and / or legal process and / or order and / or contractual terms and / or regulatory requirements;
- for the purposes of our branding, marketingcommunications and corporate affairs including publications in any of our printed materials, websites and / or electronic media as well as in any printed material and / or electronic media owned by third parties ;
- for the purpose of corporate governance KITSUI;
- where the email containing your Personal Data is received by us during a business communication and is kept as a record of correspondence and / or for record purposes;
- where the Personal Data is stored as business contact information;
- to get in touch with you and provide you with information you may request; and / or
- for any other purpose required or permitted by any applicable law, regulation, guideline and / or regulatory body and any other purpose relevant to and in connection with any matter at up.
- Refusal to provide Personal Data
Where indicated (for example in the application form), you are required to provide us with Personal Data to enable us to process any of your applications or requests to KITSUI. If you refuse to provide the required Personal Data, we may not be able to process your request or your request may be rejected.
- Your Personal Data Disclosure
The Personal Data provided to KITSUI will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and permit us to disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of parties: –
i. Board of Trustees, employees and / or representatives of KITSUI;
ii. Educational Institute;
iii. government agencies;
iv. law enforcement agencies;
v. other parties for purposes related to the purpose of collecting and using your Personal Data as listed in Section 4;
vi. any party obliged to keep Personal Data private;
vii. other parties to whom you have given express or implied consent; and / or
viii. any related agent, contractor or any other party providing administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, securities approval, management, audit, insurance, or professional or related services to KITSUI.
- Personal Data Storage
i. KITSUI will endeavor to store your Personal Data securely in the form of a copy or database within the KITSUI office. Any Personal Data that you provide to KITSUI will be retained by KITSUI for as long as necessary to meet the Purposes and, if necessary, to meet legal, regulatory and administrative requirements.
ii. Where practical, we seek to implement appropriate administration and security controls and procedures in accordance with applicable laws and regulations to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and accidental loss or damage, or damage to, your Personal Data.
iii. Any Personal Data stored by KITSUI may be destroyed or deleted if it is no longer required by KITSUI (in its sole discretion).
- Personal Data Transfer
You agree to the transfer of your Personal Data outside of Malaysia in the circumstances set out in Section 4. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any of these overseas entities will be bound by contract not to use your Personal Data for any purpose except in accordance with the terms of the contract we may work with them and to safeguard your Personal Data accordingly.
- Access to and Correction of Personal Data
i. KITSUI respects the privacy of your Personal Data and strives to ensure the confidentiality, protection, security and accuracy of your Personal Data provided to KITSUI. You are therefore responsible for ensuring that all of your Personal Data submitted and stored by us is accurate and complete in all respects and updates.
ii. You have access to your Personal Data and to request inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or up-to-date Personal Data. Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when we are unable to confirm your identity or where the information requested is commercial and confidential, or if we receive repeated requests for the same information. However, we will notify you of the reasons why we are unable to fulfill your request.
806, Block A, Level 8, Phileo Damansara 1,
No.9, Road 16/11, Off Damansara Road,
46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
+6 03-7666 1129
11. Links to other websites
By providing your Personal Data, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted the statements herein and hereby authorize KITSUI to process the Personal Data for the Purposes.